Ok, so it is 2016, and half of the time your INTERNET is either down, or slower than a Dial-Up Modem....For those born after 1992, that was those screeching modems that were slower than the formation of the continents.
Take some good free advice from us, since we host web servers and that for us is costly and a real pain in the....
WARNING!!!: Before you buy any hardware from your local supplier, go to https://www.pricecheck.co.za/categories/browse and see what you are supposed to pay.
1. Buy a descent ADSL wifi router. Yip.... dip deep and never look back (R1200 - R2500) for a D-Link, Cisco or a Netgear.
even if everything else is working fine, a poop modem delivers poop performance.
2. ADSL Line's in South Africa are installed and rented from TELKOM, no getting around that one, but as of yet, do not
take a data package from them, their fine print is longer than a Harry Potter series, get at least a 4mb line.
NOTE!!!: Many people get a 10mb line, and a poop modem with a sucky service provider, it is like having a open six
lane highway in a 800cc Chevy Spark.... not of any use.
3. AXXESS....AXXESS....AXXESS.... The only name!!!! (We get NO kickbacks for promoting them, just clients that ask
their friends "What is this ADSL problem you speak off"
* Instant telephonic support with instant resolution of problems. They can test your telkom line, modem an
turn you into a troubleshoot expert.
* NO CONTRACT!, play as you pay is the word. This means you can take a 4mb this month, or a 10mb next month,
with immediate activation upon payment.
* THEY ARE THE CHEAPEST.
And that is it, nothing more, nothing less.
Our servers have never been offline in the past 7 years after we have implimented these 3 simple steps, neither have our clients ever complained about their ADSL.
Gerhard Van Zyl.
(H.Dip.Co.Sci.Int / B.Ed)